BA Interior Design
Greenside Design Center’s BA interior design course was created with student’s creative problem solving skills in mind. With an emphasis on how the craft has the potential to affect our responses to our environments, GDC’s interior design courses train students to think conceptually, frame design problems through research and analysis and design solutions that are innovative, socially responsible and technically resolved.
Our BA interior design course is a NQF level 7 qualification. Completed over three years of full time study, the programme enables students to become critical thinkers who can locate and critique the practise of design within contemporary theoretical discourse.
Students that study interior design typically go on to work in interior design and architectural practices, shop fitting and office furniture manufacturers, kitchen companies and the design teams of large corporations, government departments, hotel and retail chains among others.
BA Interior Design graduates GDC have a repertoire of high-level skills and can:
- Produce and present an industry standard, professional interior design portfolio.
- Plan, research and organise design projects in a signature style.
- Be creative conceptual creators, producers and problem solvers able to think innovatively about design tasks.
- Manipulate and articulate ideas, concepts and information with confidence.
- Create high quality visualisations and technical documentation using advanced software.