21 Oct 2016 admin
Are These Graphic Design Trends Going Out of Style?
Just like the questionable fashion choices of yester-year, some graphic design trends should be left in the past.
While some graphic design fads are neither here nor there, it’s always good to consider which of these are on their way out:
• Ultra-detailed/Complex: Minimalism is in and embellishment is out.
• Muted, Natural Colour Schemes: There’s an inclination to brighter and more saturated colour selections.
• Mixed Typography: Unless applied thoughtfully to create a visually dynamic whole, this trend should be left alone.
Logos are most reflective of trending styles and clients often want visual identities that reflect a sense of the times and have long staying power. With this in mind, the following logo design trends are now considered old-fashioned:
Logos and Branding:
• Monoline: Although we still find logos designed in this style, it has been used too often and is getting tired.
• Badges and Crests: Self-contained logo designs can be a nice, compact branding solution but badges and crests are best avoided if you want to stand out from the crowd.
• Shaped Typography: This fun, hipster-like approach to design is great but not broadly applicable to a variety of businesses.
While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it’s important to remember that trends can make or break your design. Find out what other graphic design trends you should avoid by reading the full article below.
25 Oct 2016 admin
The Future Is Near: 13 Design Predictions for 2017
"The broader one’s understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have”. We simply love this quote from Steve Jobs; it seems incredibly appropriate as we look ahead at the 13 design predictions for 2017. The future of design is one where the user experience is driving design thinking and as such, the way we deliver a product should be what keeps users coming back for more. Design evangelists advocate for the use of good design, both in principle and in practice. The goal is to convert non-designers into design thinkers. By championing the virtues of design-thinking to the ...
27 Oct 2016 admin
Interview: The Rules of Human Design in the Digital World
In today’s world, technology impacts our lives in more ways than we like to think and good design has encouraged this adoption. Just think of how the realm of digital touches almost every aspect of our lives with well thought-out design. Even the average technophobe can join in different movements in the digital age!We recently came across an interesting interview where talented User Experience Designer, Rita Feldman, discusses some basic elements of human design in the digital world.Some of the questions she covered include:• The most common mistakes designers make and the steps designers ...