Apply to study @ GDC
The first step to becoming a fully qualified and sought-after designer is to let us know you’re interested in enrolling with us. Complete the short form on the left, and we will contact you to set up an individual interview at a time convenient to you. Apply today!
For the degree programmes:
- Completion of National Senior Certificate with entry into Bachelor degree programmes.
- An ability to analyse and communicate ideas and concepts through a visual medium, to be demonstrated through an existing portfolio or by completing a drawing exercise at the college
- Don’t meet those requirements? Don’t worry, you can still apply for our Higher Certificate in Design Thinking.
- Or go to our affiliate partner AIE, the Academic Institute of Excellence.
- They offer progammes in the following fields:
- Architecture and Draughting
- Visual Design
- There is always and option to start a career in design when applying at Greenside Design Center and AIE! We are Different by Design and where futures are made.
For the Higher Certificate
- Completion of National Senior Certificate with entry into a Higher Certificate
- Call the Greenside Design Center reception at 011 646 1984 or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment for an interview
On day of interview, bring along the following with you:
- Certified copies of your ID / Passport,
- Latest school results or academic record
- An art or design portfolio (photos of artwork can also be assessed), or a drawing exercise can be done during the interview)
If you are accepted and want to register, you will need to
- Complete the Registration Form and pay the Registration Fee
- Await correspondence from GDC regarding formal registration.
What if you are currently completing grade 12?
Follow the process above, using the latest grade 12 results you have (for example 2nd term report). GDC can accept you provisionally pending your final National Senior Certificate.