Share:

Ivor Templer

Director: Head of Academic Planning


BAS (UCT), B Arch (Wits)

Ivor graduated with a Bachelor of Architectural Studies from UCT in 1997 and a Bachelor of Architecture from WITS in 2002. He joined Greenside Design Center in 2003 and has lectured in the Interior Design Department ever since. He is now Head of Academic Planning and a member of the Executive Committee as well as the chair of the Academic Board, Critical Studies, Post Graduate and Teaching and Learning Committees. He is an educational member of the South African Institute of the Interior Design Professions and represents GDC at the Design Educators Forum of South Africa.In 2014, Ivor co-presented a workshop on GDC’s 10% initiative at the international Johannesburg Cumulus Conference entitled “Design with the other 90%” which was co-hosted by GDC and FADA. He also sat on the abstract and paper review committees for the conference and, with Robin Turner, was responsible for presenting the initial proposal for the conference to the Cumulus Executive Council in London, 2009. In 2007 he had work exhibited at the “Post-apartheid Johannesburg, emerging / diverging metropolis” exhibition which was hosted at the Accademia Architettura, Mendrisio, Switzerland and was curated by Professor Lindsay Bremner from Wits and Pep Subiros, a visiting professor at the Academia. At the same time he coordinated and participated in GDC’s first international lecturer exchange programme which saw him lead a studio project in the UK with architectural students from the Nottingham Trent University. As a student he received several awards and worked with the artist Rodney Place in the production of unSUNg CITY, a multimedia event launched in conjunction with the Arts Alive Festival in 2000.

BACK TO All STAFF

Graphic Design Courses Graphic Design BA Degree Graphic Design Honours DegreeInterior Design Courses Interior Design BA Degree Interior Design Honours DegreeMultimedia Design Courses Multimedia Design BA Degree Multimedia Design Honours DegreeDigital Marketing, SEO & Website by DFM Digital