History of Firsts
Greenside Design Center prides itself on being an internationally recognised design college committed to giving our graphic design, multimedia design and interior design students a world class education. As such, we’re proud to have a history of firsts that reflects our commitment to design education excellence.
First education provider world-wide:
- To receive the IFI’s Design For All Award.
First education provider in Africa:
- To become members of Cumulus – International Association of Art, Design and Media Colleges and Universities (membership is by invitation only).
- To have a seat on the Executive Board of Cumulus – International Association of Art, Design and Media, Colleges and Universities.
- To have a seat on the Executive Board of the International Council of Design.
First education provider in the Southern Hemisphere:
- To become members of the International Federations of Interior Architects/Designers.
First education provider in South Africa:
- To become members of the International Council of Graphic Design Associations.
- To be a finalist in the South African Innovation Awards.
Greenside Design Center are also the founders of the African Institute of Interior Design Professions, now the professional body for Interior Design, as well as the co-founders of the IDEA (Innovative Design Education Africa) Collective.